Meal Prep Chicken Fajitas (Sheet Pan)
Sheet pan chicken fajitas with tender and juicy chicken, bell peppers, and onions tossed in a delicious homemade fajita seasoning. Ideal for meal prep or for a simple weeknight dinner.
Servings: 8 fajitas
- 1 tablespoon sugar brown or coconut; optional
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder note 1
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 2 chicken breasts roughly 1 lb; sliced into strips; note 2
- 2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 1 red onion sliced into strips
- 1 zucchini optional; sliced into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms optional; quartered
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 6 inch tortillas or tortilla boats
- cheese or other toppings
Prepare- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Stir together the fajita seasoning.
Combine - Toss the chicken and veggies in a large bowl with the olive oil and lime juice. Add the rub and stir to coat.
Bake - Arrange chicken and veggies on 1-2 large sheet pans. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and roast for another 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve - Serve in tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings (avocado, cilantro, greek yogurt, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, jalapeno slices are a few ideas).
To assemble ahead
- refers to the North American paprika-based chili powder blend
- swap for boneless chicken thighs, or omit and add black beans after cooking for a vegetarian version
To cook ahead
- Prep - Complete steps 1 & 2 then transfer to a large storage container or bag.
- Store - in the fridge (see *note) for up to 3 days (check the expiry date on your chicken to be sure it is safe to keep that long).
- Bake - Dump onto sheet pans and cook as directed above.
Nutritional Information: (1 serving includes ¼ batch of the filling and two 6 inch tortillas; excludes suggested toppings)
Freezing - this recipe could likely be assembled ahead and frozen, but have not tested it. If you try, please leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out for you!
- Divide - After cooking and cooling completely, divide the fajita filling between four 2 cup meal prep containers.
- Store - in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat - in the microwave until steaming hot, then spoon into tortillas or tortilla boats.
Serving: 2fajitas | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 870mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g