No Bake Snack Bars
These no bake healthy snack bars are a delicious treat made with wholesome ingredients. The perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it!These no bake healthy snack bars are a delicious treat made with wholesome ingredients. The perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it!
Servings: 16 servings
- ¼ cup coconut oil 55 g; refined coconut oil recommended
- ⅔ cup peanut butter 158 g; all natural; * see note 1
- ½ cup maple syrup 154 g; honey also works
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats 90 g; not quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies 28 g; *see note 2
- ½ cup ground flaxseed 46 g
- ½ cup chocolate chips 78 g
- ¼ cup chia seeds 32 g
Melt - the coconut oil in a large bowl.
Combine - Stir in the peanut butter, maple syrup and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in the oats, Rice Krispies, flax and chocolate chips.
Press - Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment. Press the mixture into the pan until smooth across the top.
Chill- refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then cut into bars and portion out for the week.
- all-natural peanut or almond butter may be used in this recipe. DO NOT use processed nut butter such as Jif or Kraft as the bars do not solidify and are sticky and soft.
- use certified gluten-free rolled oats and Rice Krispies to make this a gluten-free treat
- Fridge - Store in a sealed meal prep container, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze - Wrap bars individually in parchment paper or wax paper to prevent sticking/ freezer burn. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg