Instant Pot Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
Instant Pot quinoa enchilada casserole is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner! Prep freezer packs for a convenient freezer Instant Pot meal. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and easily made vegan!
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 4.3 oz can green chiles (127 mL; I used mild)
- 11.5 oz can corn kernels drained (341 mL)
- 15 oz can black beans drained & rinsed (540 mL/ 19 oz also works)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup enchilada sauce see note 1
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- diced tomatoes
Place the red onion, green chiles, corn, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, quinoa and water into the stainless steel inner pot of your Instant Pot.
Stir to combine. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the steam release handle to 'sealing', and select 'pressure cook' (or 'manual' on older models) to 1 minute.
The pot will take 15-20 minutes to come to pressure.
Once the Instant Pot finishes cooking, allow it to sit for 15 more minutes before releasing the remaining pressure (set the steam release handle to 'venting').
Stir in the cheese and enchilada sauce, and enjoy.
Serve with cilantro, avocado, and additional diced tomatoes.
To prepare ahead and freeze:
Place all ingredients except the quinoa in a gallon-size freezer bag.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw completely before adding all ingredients to the Instant Pot with the quinoa and cooking as indicated above.
Recipe updated 4/28/2019 to address issues of the burn warning
1- I used a mild enchilada sauce, and have tested with Fronterra, La Victoria and homemade enchilada sauce.
- after cooking, store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- portion out into meal prep containers and freeze for up to 3 months
- thaw overnight in the fridge, then reheat in the microwave
Serving: 1/4 of the batch | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g