10 Minute Cashew 'Queso'
Cashew queso is a rich and creamy vegan dip that is bursting with cheesy flavor. Ready in 10 minutes, it's gluten-free, dairy-free, and meal prep friendly.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews 154 g; see note 1
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast see note 2
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- fresh tomatoes
- chips or crackers for dipping
Soak- Soak cashews in boiling water for 5 min.
Blend- Add the soaked cashews plus liquid to the blender with the nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Blend for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides halfway through.
Serve- Top with chopped tomatoes and cilantro, and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Note - nutrition calculations do not include toppings (cilantro, tomatoes) or corn chips for serving.
- this recipe calls for raw cashews; we have not tested with roasted cashews or alternative nuts, though raw almonds might work as an alternative
- nutritional yeast is found in the natural foods section of the grocery store
- nutritional information is for ⅛ of the batch
- Fridge - store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
- Freeze - in an airtight container for up to 3 months
- Thaw - completely in the fridge overnight
- Reheat - in the microwave if desired, or serve chilled
Serving: 0.125batch ; see note 3 | Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg