Balsamic Chicken Marinade
This balsamic chicken marinade will infuse your chicken with so much delicious flavor. This marinade is tangy, sweet and savory, and yields a sauce that is perfect for spooning over rice and veggies. We share tips so you can prep it ahead and freeze.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lbs boneless chicken thighs see note 1
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar see note 2
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup see note 3
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 4 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil see note 4
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Combine- in a reusable bag or shallow bowl, stir together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, salt, basil and oregano until completely combined. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate for 24 hours in the fridge.
Bake- pre-heat oven to 425°F. Add chicken to baking dish along with residual marinade. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve- chicken is ready when a digital thermometer reaches 165°F in the thickest part. If chicken is well submerged in marinade, there is no need to flip.
- you may swap for your favorite cut of chicken; this marinade can be stretched to up to 2 lbs of chicken
- we used a balsamic vinegar of Modena; any grocery store balsamic vinegar will do the trick
- honey or brown sugar may be subbed
- dried thyme was also great in place of dried basil
- for best results, marinate for 24 hours. If you plan to marinate for longer than that, we recommend freezing, as chicken texture can deteriorate in the vinegar.
- chicken can be stored in the marinade for up to 24 hours
- after cooking, cool chicken completely, then store in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
- cooked chicken may also be frozen for up to 3 months
- reheat chicken in the microwave or in a frying pan until steaming hot
- do not reheat more than once
- uncooked chicken in marinade can be frozen for up to 6 months
- thaw completely before baking as instructed above
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg