Instant Pot Meatballs
These Instant Pot meatballs come out so juicy and delicious! Infused with flavor from simple seasonings and marinara sauce, they are ready in under 30 minutes and keep your oven off. Works great with ground beef or turkey.
- 12 oz ground beef 350 g/ ¾ lb; see note 1
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 22 oz marinara sauce 650 mL/ 1 jar
1. Mix- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, egg, worcestershire, basil and oregano. When completely combined, stir in the breadcrumbs until just mixed in.Roll 1.5 tablespoon meatballs- if you do smaller, 1 tablespoon meatballs, you may want to reduce the cook time to prevent them from overcooking.
Prepare Instant Pot- Place 1.5 cups in the stainless steel insert of the Instant Pot. Place a trivet over the water, and a cake pan on top of that. Pour in half a jar of marinara sauce, then arrange the meatballs in the sauce. Pour the rest of the marinara on top of the meatballs.
Cook- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and set the valve to the 'sealing' position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, then allow 5 minutes for a natural pressure release. After the 5 minutes are up, release any remaining pressure.
Serve- Spread the sauce and meatballs over pasta or zucchini noodles, sprinkle with fresh basil or parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
1- you can use lean ground beef or ground turkey in this recipe
2- nutritional information is for ¼ of the batch and does not include pasta
Thaw overnight in the fridge if necessary; heat in the microwave or a covered pan over medium heat until steaming hot.
- fridge- cool completely, then either cover the cake pan and store away, or portion out into individual portions with pasta. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- freezer- portion out into individual portions with pasta in freezer-friendly containers. Cool completely, then freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 0.25batch; see note 2 | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1092mg | Potassium: 783mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 4mg