Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
With eggs, bacon, spinach, bell peppers and cheese, this Instant Pot breakfast casserole is simple to prep, healthy, and so flavorful. Make it ahead and reheat for easy breakfasts through the week.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk see note 1
- 2 bell peppers finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen spinach chunks leave frozen; see note 2
- 1 cup cheese shredded; mozzarella or cheddar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon cooled + chopped
Mix together ingredients- in a bowl or large measuring cup, beat the eggs. Mix in the milk, bell peppers, frozen spinach, salt, bacon and ⅔ of the shredded cheese.
Prepare the Instant Pot- place 1 cup (for the 6 quart) or 1.5 cups (for the 8 quart) in the stainless steel insert of the Instant Pot. Place the trivet on top and a well-greased 7 inch cake pan (*note 4) on the trivet.
Add egg mixture- carefully pour the egg mixture into the cake pan. Sprinkle the top with reserved shredded cheese.
Cover- carefully work a piece of aluminum foil over the pan, working the edges around the cake pan. It does not have to be super tight.
Cook- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the steam release handle to ‘sealing’, and pressure cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Once the Instant Pot beeps, perform a quick pressure release by carefully transferring the steam release handle to the ‘venting’ position.
1- you may swap dairy milk for unsweetened almond milk.
2- make sure you use spinach that is frozen in small pieces and not one big chunk; if your spinach comes in a block, thaw and press moisture out before mixing it in. If using fresh spinach, sauté until softened so it mixes into the eggs properly (raw spinach will float).
3- nutritional information is for ¼ of the casserole.
4- springform pans are not great for this recipe as they leak
This recipe stores and reheats really well.
Thaw completely before heating. Heat in the microwave until steaming hot.
- Fridge- Cool completely, then store the casserole in individual meal prep containers.
- Freezer- Cool completely, then wrap individual slices in plastic wrap. Store in a larger freezer bag or meal prep container for up to 3 months.
- cooked + crumbled sausage
- cubed ham
- feta cheese
- frozen kale
- frozen broccoli rice
- sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- roasted red pepper (finely chopped)
- mushrooms (sautéed)
- bell peppers (sautéed)
- shredded sweet potato or butternut squash (sautéed)
Serving: 1slice *see note 3 | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 293mg | Sodium: 735mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4838IU | Vitamin C: 77mg | Calcium: 304mg | Iron: 2mg