Air Fryer Green Beans
Crisp yet tender, these air fryer green beans are ready in under ten minutes! Keep them simple with salt and olive oil, or jazz them up with extra seasonings.
- 1 lb green beans washed, dried, stems trimmed; see note 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus extra to serve
Heat air fryer to 390°F/200°C.
Toss green beans in olive oil and salt. Use your hands to massage the oil onto the beans evenly (or use tongs to mix it up).
Add beans to the air fryer basket, then cook for 6-7 minutes, shaking 2-3 times during the cooking process. Beans are ready when they are bright green and smooth. Do not cook until they are brown and wrinkled.
Taste and add more salt to serve, if desired.
1- this recipe is best made with fresh green beans. You may need to adjust the cook time if using frozen.
These beans are best stored fresh, however you may store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Set your air fryer to 350°F. Heat for 5 or so minutes, tossing beans up as needed, until they are warmed through.
- add ½ teaspoon onion or garlic powder for a little extra savory flavor
- swap the olive oil for sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve (a bit of soy sauce could also be nice)
- toss in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar to cook, sprinkle with parmesan cheese to serve
- toss in melted butter and sprinkle with flaky sea salt to serve; almond slices could also be nice
Serving: 0.25lb | Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 782IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg