Perfect Fluffy Protein Pancakes (no banana!)
Perfect fluffy protein pancakes made without bananas, refined sugar, or flour! Made with protein powder, eggs and greek yogurt, these pancakes pack 9 grams of protein and are going to fuel you through your morning!
Servings: 8 pancakes
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats 135 g; see note 1
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder 30 g; ½ cup roughly; see note 2
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt 120 g
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted; swap for butter or olive oil; see note 3
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Blend oats- Add the oats to a blender, then blend for 30 seconds- 1 minute, until powdery (as pictured above).
Blend remaining ingredients- add the baking powder, protein powder, eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Place the lid on the blender, and blend until mixture is completely combined and no pockets of oat flour remain.
Cook pancakes- Grease a nonstick pan and heat over medium heat. Cook ¼ cup portions of pancakes for roughly 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the second.
Enjoy! Top your pancakes with extra yogurt, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
1- quick oats should also work fine; do not use steel cut oats
2- Protein powder- I highly recommend using a flavored whey protein powder (like vanilla). Vegan (pea protein) protein powder does not have the same texture or flavor, and needs to be thinned out with some milk.
3- I recommend refined coconut oil; you may swap for olive oil or butter
Though these pancakes are best served fresh, you can cook them ahead and store:
- fridge- in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days
- freezer- separate pancakes with squares of wax or parchment paper; store in an air tight container or freezer bag for up to 1 month.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g