Mexican Cauliflower Rice
This light and fluffy spicy Mexican cauliflower rice is made with chipotle chili and cumin for lots of heat and flavor! It is low carb and keto-friendly, vegan, and cooks up in just 5 minutes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 cups riced cauliflower riced; small head or half large head; see note 1
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Prepare cauliflower - Wash cauliflower and pat dry. Remove outer leaves; break down the head of cauliflower into uniform pieces (1-2 inch florets). Include stems!
Process - Working in 2-3 batches, place florets into a 7 cup food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse 10-15 times until cauliflower is in small rice-sized pieces. Remove any full florets that may remain.
Cook - Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the riced cauliflower, ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, and salt.Cook for around 5 minutes, until cauliflower is slightly soft but not mushy. Stir in the salsa, and enjoy!
- One small or half a large head of cauliflower yields roughly 5 cups rice. This recipe was tested using homemade cauliflower rice. If using store-bought cauliflower rice, it can come in larger pieces and you will likely need to increase the cook time. If using frozen cauliflower rice, throw it right into the pan frozen and cook until heated through and softened.
- Raw - store raw/ uncooked cauliflower rice in the fridge for 7-10 days in an air tight container.
- Cooked - store cooked coconut cauliflower rice in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air tight container
- Raw - store raw cauliflower rice in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Cooked - cool completely, then portion out into a reusable silicone bag, plastic freezer bag, or meal prep container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Stovetop - reheat in a frying pan for a few minutes until warmed through.
- Microwave - does not work as well as it leaves the cauliflower rice wet and soggy.
- Cook from frozen - even if the rice freezes in a big clump, it cooks up really well from frozen! Place a pan on low heat with the cauliflower rice. Use a lid to cover until you can break the rice apart. Then, cook with the lid off until warmed through.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 673mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 78.4mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.3mg