Moroccan Instant Pot Lentils
These Moroccan Instant Pot lentils are perfect for meal prep! They are vegan, gluten-free, freezer-friendly and delicious.
- 1 cup whole brown lentils (or green lentils; uncooked, un-soaked)
- 19 oz can of diced tomatoes (juices included)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 ribs celery (chopped)
- 4 cups sweet potato cubes (1 inch; 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (increase it for spicy, omit for non-spicy)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (brown sugar or honey work as well)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
Add after cooking
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- parsley (optional)
Combine all ingredients except the lemon juice in the base of a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot.
Put the lid on, set the valve to 'sealing', and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to naturally depressurize for 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure.
Stir in lemon juice and serve with rice, naan or quinoa.
For a freezer Instant Pot meal
Assemble all ingredients except for the lemon juice in a heavy duty freezer bag, reusable silicone bag, or large meal prep container.
Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw completely before cooking as indicated above.
nutritional info does not include rice or suggested accompaniments.
Serving: 1/8 of the batch | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 12390IU | Vitamin C: 11.9mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3.2mg