Summer Couscous Salad
This summer couscous salad is loaded with tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, mint, and Israeli couscous. A delicious and light vegetarian meal to enjoy all summer long!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup Israeli couscous sometimes called pearl couscous
- 1 ¾ cups stock or broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon djion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1 large bell pepper chopped; or 2 small
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 long english cucumber chopped
- ¼ red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint chopped & loosely packed
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
Cook Couscous - Combine the couscous, stock, and salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, or until all water has absorbed into the couscous. Run couscous under cold water and set aside to cool completely.
Vinaigrette - Shake up all ingredients for the vinaigrette including olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Assemble - Toss the cooled cooked and cooled couscous with the vinaigrette and all remaining ingredients.
This salad does not keep well, however, the couscous and vinaigrette may be prepared up to 4 days ahead.
Serving: 1/6 of batch | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 37.3mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1.1mg