Summer Couscous Salad
The salad you're going to want to eat all summer long- summer couscous salad! Loaded with tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, mint and Israeli couscous.
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (sometimes called pearl couscous)
- 1 ¾ cups stock or broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ teaspoon djion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1 large bell pepper (chopped; or 2 small)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 long english cucumber (chopped)
- ¼ red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh mint (chopped & loosely packed)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
Cook couscous- combine the couscous, stock and salt in a pan. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until all water has absorbed into the couscous.
Run couscous under cold water and set aside to cool completely.
Vinaigrette- shake up all ingredients.
Salad- toss the cooled couscous with the vinaigrette and all remaining ingredients.
Serving: 1/6 of batch | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 37.3mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1.1mg