Zucchini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Zucchini chocolate chip pancakes are so easy to make and the perfect way to sneak some veggies into your kid’s breakfast! Perfectly fluffy, slightly sweet and so delicious!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Servings: 13 servings
- 2 tbsp coconut oil 26g
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup 39 g
- ½ cup milk dairy or non-dairy are both fine
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour 125g; fluffed, spooned & levelled
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded zucchini moisture pressed out
Mix the wet - Melt coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup. Stir in the maple syrup, milk, egg and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
Mix the dry - Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and mix into the batter until no flour clumps remain.
Add Chocolate Chips And Zucchini - Fold in the mini chocolate chips and shredded zucchini. * see note 1
Cook - Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add some spray oil to the pan, then measure out ¼ cup portions of pancakes. Cook for around 2 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook 1 minute on the second side.
1. Be sure to press the moisture out of the zucchini using a paper towel or cheesecloth before adding to the mixture to ensure best results!
- Fridge - Cook pancakes and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze - for up to 3 months.
- Reheat - in a pan, or in the toaster!
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.6mg