Korean BBQ Chickpea Bento Bowls
Korean BBQ chickpea bento bowls with zucchini, carrots, brussels sprouts and korean BBQ chickpeas served over rice. Vegan and GF.
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (or honey)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (or green onion)
Korean Chickpea Bento Bowls
- ¾ cup uncooked rice
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup brussels sprouts (shredded)
- 1 zucchini (cut into ribbons)
- 1 carrot (cut into ribbons)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half or leave whole for meal prep)
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes
- fine sea salt
- 1 cup microgreens (or sprouts; add fresh for meal prep)
Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients. Mix well with the chickpeas, then reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for later.
Spread the chickpeas & remaining marinade out on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway.
Divide all ingredients evenly between four 2 cup capacity storage containers or enjoy immediately! Don't forget to drizzle with reserved marinade.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3492IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 5mg