Simple Baked Apples
This simple baked apples recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Simple to prepare and delicious eaten as breakfast or dessert!
Servings: 6 apple halves
- 3 apples (halved and cored)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil (or butter)
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar (brown sugar or maple syrup work)
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted; butter may be subbed)
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour (almond flour may be subbed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (brown sugar may be subbed)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
Heat oven to 375°F.
Place apples in a square baking dish. Place ½ teaspoon coconut oil and ½ teaspoon coconut sugar in each. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Prepare the crumble topping: melt coconut oil, then mix all ingredients together with a fork until completely mixed. Sprinkle over the apples.
Cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes (smaller apples) to 1 hour (medium-large apples). When a knife inserts easily, apples are ready.
Serve with a dollop of ice cream for dessert or yogurt for breakfast.
Serving: 1/2 apple | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.4mg