Simple Baked Apples
This simple baked apples recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Made with coconut sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, and rolled oats - they are simple to prepare and delicious for either breakfast or dessert!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 apples halved and cored
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil or butter
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar brown sugar or maple syrup work
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted; butter may be subbed
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour almond flour may be subbed
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar brown sugar may be subbed
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
Season - Heat oven to 375°F. Place apples in a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 square baking dish. Place ½ teaspoon coconut oil and ½ teaspoon coconut sugar in each. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Add topping - Prepare the crumble topping: melt coconut oil, then mix all ingredients together with a fork until completely mixed. Sprinkle over the apples.
Bake - Cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes (smaller apples) to 1 hour (medium-large apples). Test by poking with a paring knife. When a knife inserts easily, apples are ready.
Serve - Serve with a dollop of ice cream for dessert or yogurt for breakfast.
- Fridge - These baked apples can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Re-heat in the microwave and serve with yogurt or ice cream.
Serving: 1/2 apple | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.4mg