Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Butternut Squash
Brussels sprouts gratin with butternut squash is so delicious, even the pickiest of eaters will love it! Perfect for your holiday or Thanksgiving table.
- 24 oz brussels sprouts (two 12 oz bags from Mann's Family Favorites Line)
- 20 oz butternut squash, peeled & chopped into 1 inch cubes (1 20 oz bag from Mann's Family Favorites line)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter (21 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves (crumbled)
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour (23 g)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 ¼ cups shredded cheese (divided; mozzarella works but go for gruyere if you can!)
Heat oven to 425°F.
Trim ends off brussels sprouts and slice them in half. Toss with the butternut squash in olive oil, salt & pepper.
Arrange in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish and roast for 25-35 minutes, until they are soft.
While vegetables are roasting, make the cheese sauce: in a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the sage, nutmeg, salt and flour.
Add the milk gradually over the course of several minutes, whisking so that the flour doesn't clump. Cook until slightly thickened, then stir in ¾ cup of the shredded cheese. Remove from heat when cheese has melted in and sauce is thickened.
Once vegetables are tender, pour the sauce over top. Toss veggies in sauce, then sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Serving: 1/8 of the batch | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 634mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8390IU | Vitamin C: 87.2mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 1.8mg