Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
These black bean brownies are fudgy, rich, and so satisfying! The perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping things lighter: no refined sugar, grain-free, and 125 calories per brownie!
- 1 ½ cups black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup maple syrup honey also works
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted; see note 1
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
Prepare- Prepare an 8x8 inch baking dish by lining with parchment. Spray the bottom of the pan to help the paper stick, then clip it to the dish with binder clips (remove before baking).
Blend ingredients- in a large blender, combine the black beans, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, eggs, espresso powder and melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth and no lumps of cocoa powder remain.
Add batter- Spread the batter out into the pan, using a spatula to get it all out of the blender. Scatter the top of the batter with chocolate chips.
Bake- Remove the binder clips, and bake in a 350°F degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles.
Cool- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer to a cutting board and cut into 12 bars
1- I recommend refined coconut oil as unrefined can have a strong coconut flavor
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- swap chocolate chips for peanut butter chips
- add a sprinkling of flaky sea salt to the tops
- add chopped nuts to tops for added crunch (walnuts or pecans would be great)
- add ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- add ¼ to ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg