Low Carb Lasagna Skillet
This low carb lasagna skillet replaces noodles with spaghetti squash. So simple to throw together on a weeknight, and easy prep ahead and reheat for easy lunches!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef note 1
- 4 cups spaghetti squash cooked & shredded; note 2
- 1 jar marinara sauce 650 mL/ 22 oz; note 3
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup ricotta drain extra moisture
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- fresh basil to garnish
Cook beef - Heat oven to 425°F. Cook beef over medium heat in a deep 12-inch oven-safe skillet, breaking it up with a spatula. Cook until no pink remains - roughly 8 minutes. Use a paper towel to carefully blot up extra grease or fat from the pan.
Combine - Add the cooked spaghetti squash, marinara sauce, basil, oregano, and salt. Stir to combine (tongs make it easier to mix the spaghetti squash in with the sauce/beef). Cook over medium heat for 3 or so minutes, until heated through.
Bake - Dollop the ricotta over the skillet, then sprinkle with cheese. Place the skillet in the heated oven for 5 or so minutes, until sauce bubbles and cheese is melted.
Serve - Using oven mitts, carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Serve with fresh basil.
- you can swap for ground turkey
- find our recipe for Instant Pot and oven baked spaghetti squash
- if you are keto or strict low carb, seek out a low carb marinara sauce such as Rao's.
- nutritional info was calculated with Rao's marinara sauce
- replacing spaghetti squash with zucchini noodles works out to only 4 g net carbs
- Fridge - store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer- we have not tried and are unsure how this recipe will freeze/thaw
- Reheat - heat until steaming hot in the microwave and enjoy.
Serving: 1/6 of batch (note 4) | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 2.7mg