Chipotle Chicken Marinade with Sauce
This chipotle chicken marinade infuses your chicken breast with so much delicious smoky, sweet and tangy flavor! Simple to prepare, and works great in tacos, on salad or served as is.
- 1 lbs chicken breast (roughly 2 chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers; see *notes)
- ½ teaspoon paprika (sweet, although smoked would also be great)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 425°F. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 12-17 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
*as written this is only mildly spicy. To make it spicier, chop up 1-2 chipotle peppers and add to the marinade!
Marinade may be mixed up 7 days before adding chicken.
Cooked chicken may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Alternative cooking methods:
Marinating time for other proteins:
- grill- I recommend pounding the chicken flat before marinating to ensure it cooks through evenly. Cook over high heat 2 minutes per side until it reaches an internal temp of 155°F
- frying pan- cook in olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 5-7 minutes per side
- air fryer- I recommend pounding the chicken before marinating. Cook at 390°F/ 200°C for 4 minutes + 2 minutes (flipping half way).
- boneless chicken thighs- 2-24 hours marinating time
- shrimp or fish- 30 minutes marinating time
- pork tenderloin- at least 24 hours to marinate
- tofu- press first, then marinate for 2-24 hours
Serving: 4oz chicken breast | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 575mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg