Ginger and lemon chicken marinade
With just five simple ingredients, the ginger and lemon chicken marinade infuses chicken with citrussy lemon flavor and a bit of a bite from the ginger. Assemble ahead and freeze your chicken right in the marinade for maximum flavor!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts roughly 2 large breasts
Combine olive oil lemon juice, ginger, salt and red pepper flakes in a plastic or reusable silicone freezer bag. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat in marinade.
Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
Heat oven to 425°F. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 12-17 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Marinade may be mixed up 7 days before adding chicken.
Cooked chicken may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Alternative cooking methods:
Marinating time for other proteins:
- grill- I recommend pounding the chicken flat before marinating to ensure it cooks through evenly. Cook over high heat 2 minutes per side until it reaches an internal temp of 155°F
- frying pan- cook in olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 5-7 minutes per side
- air fryer- I recommend pounding the chicken before marinating. Cook at 390°F/ 200°C for 4 minutes + 2 minutes (flipping half way).
- boneless chicken thighs- 2-24 hours marinating time
- shrimp or fish- 30 minutes marinating time
- pork tenderloin- at least 24 hours to marinate
- tofu- press first, then marinate for 2-24 hours
Serving: 1/2 chicken breast (3.5 oz) | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 47mg | Sugar: 2g