Cilantro lime chicken marinade
With just six simple ingredients, this cilantro lime chicken marinade infuses chicken breasts with delicious, aromatic cilantro, lime and garlic flavors. Serve over salad, with rice, in tacos, or just as is.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (roughly 4 chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (chopped + loosely packed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 425°F. Bake chicken in a shallow baking dish for 10 minutes, flip over, then bake for another 12-17 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 165°F.
Allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Marinade may be mixed together up to 1 week before adding chicken.
After cooking, chicken may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Alternative cooking methods:
Marinating time for other proteins:
- grill- I recommend pounding the chicken flat before marinating to ensure it cooks through evenly. Cook over high heat 2 minutes per side until it reaches an internal temp of 155°F
- frying pan- cook in olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet for 5-7 minutes per side
- air fryer- I recommend pounding the chicken before marinating. Cook at 390°F/ 200°C for 4 minutes + 2 minutes (flipping half way).
- boneless chicken thighs- 2-24 hours marinating time
- shrimp or fish- 30 minutes marinating time
- pork tenderloin- at least 24 hours to marinate
- tofu- press first, then marinate for 2-24 hours
Serving: 4oz chicken breast | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 48mg | Sugar: 7g