Cold Sesame Noodles with Spiralized Vegetables
These cold sesame noodle meal prep bowls are the perfect vegan prep ahead lunch: spiralized vegetables tossed with chickpeas and whole wheat spaghetti in a spicy almond butter sauce.
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti uncooked
- 1 zucchini medium-sized; spiralized
- 2 carrots spiralized or shredded
- 2 cups chickpeas 15 or 19 oz can, drained & rinsed; note 2
- green onions to garnish
- sesame seeds to garnish
Almond Butter Sauce:
- ¼ cup almond butter all natural; note 1
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce I use reduced sodium
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional; omit for non-spicy version
Cook pasta- start by cooking the pasta first, as it will take the longest to prepare. Follow package directions. When cooked through, rinse under cold water and set aside to cool completely.
Prepare sauce- In a jar or salad dressing shaker, stir together almond butter, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup, lime juice and red pepper flakes.
Portion- Divide the almond butter sauce into condiment containers; divide chickpeas, spiralized vegetables and cooled pasta between four meal prep containers.
To serve- Let sauce stand at room temperature for 10 minutes- 1 hour. Drizzle sauce over noodles, toss everything up, and enjoy cold.
1- use all natural almond butter (the only ingredients should be almonds and maybe salt). You can swap for peanut butter; alternatives have not been tested.
2- feel free to swap for tofu, edamame or cooked chicken
3- spiralized veggies may be swapped for thinly sliced bell pepper, cabbage, or your favorite bagged slaw
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days; it may be freezable without the zucchini.
Serving: 1lunch bowl | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 971mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 13g