Chipotle Cornmel Waffle Tostadas
These chipotle cornmeal waffle tostadas are such a fun twist on tostadas...crispy cornmeal waffles are topped with rotisserie chicken, crunchy veggies, and a delicious greek yogurt lime crema!
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour 166g; or fluffed, spooned & levelled
- ¾ cups corn meal
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced finely
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- zest from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lime 2 tbsp approximately
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- juice from ½ lime 1 tbsp approximately
- 3-4 cups cabbage chopped into strips
- 8 radishes sliced
- ½ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked & shredded (roughly ½ rotisserie chicken)
- avocados chopped
Pre-heat your waffle maker.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then add milk and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.
Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
Whisk together oil, apple cider vinegar and lime juice in the bottom of a large bowl. Add cabbage, radishes, cilantro and chicken. Toss to coat.
Top each waffle with a cup of tostada toppings. Add a dollop of lime-yogurt crema and a spoonful of avocado. Garnish with cilantro.
Serving: 1/6 of the batch | Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 792mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 3mg