Strawberry Cupcakes with Champagne Frosting
These strawberry cupcakes have the most perfect, fluffy texture, are bursting with fresh summery strawberries, are topped with a sweet, buttery champagne frosting. Perfect for New Years or a summer party.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (188 g or fluffed, spooned & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5-6 medium strawberries (stems removed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (113 g; at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (86 g; at room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar (500 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons champagne (or more to taste)
Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line a standard muffin tray with paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Process strawberries in a food processor until a smooth puree is formed. Measure out ⅓ of a cup and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat until well combined.
Add egg, egg whites and vanilla, mix until well combined.
Mix together milk and strawberries; add to the egg mixture.
Mix in dry ingredients.
Divide evenly between 12 cupcake liners. Bake for 18-23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes in muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Beat butter until smooth.
Add 1 cup of sugar, and beat until completely combined.
Add the vanilla and 4 tbsp champagne.
Add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, scraping sides of mixer until everything is evenly combined.
If desired, add more champagne by the tablespoon. See note.
- I don't recommend exceeding 5 tbsp champagne unless you don't mind your frosting being a bit 'droopy'
- Champagne may be substituted with milk.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 439IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg