Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup
Creamy Thai curry sweet potato soup is full of nourishing ingredients including red lentils, sweet potatoes and coconut milk that will fill you up while keeping things healthy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups sweet potato (peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes; roughly 500 g)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 3 cups stock (veggie or chicken; or homemade bone broth)
- ¾ cup dried red lentils
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ lime (juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 13.5 oz coconut milk (full fat recommended)
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and cooked through (roughly 5-7 minutes).
Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for one minute.
Add the curry paste and stir until onions/garlic/ginger are coated and you can smell the curry paste, 30 seconds-1 minute.
Add the sweet potato, carrots, stock, lentils, fish sauce, lime juice and salt. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils and sweet potato are cooked through.
Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Stir in the coconut milk.
Serving: 1/6 of batch | Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 994mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 16629IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 5mg