Mango Cashew Lentil Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing
Bring bright, tropical flavors to your lunch table with these tropical lentil bowls. With fresh veggies, sweet mango, crunchy cashews, brown lentils and a creamy coconut lime dressing, it's healthy but satisfying and delicious.
- 19 oz can of lentils (540 mL; rinsed thoroughly)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 mango (cubed)
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut milk (full-fat recommended)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons lime zest
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
Combine all lentil bowl ingredients in a large bowl.
Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
Drizzle salad with dressing just prior to serving.
Tips for prepping ahead:
With a few tricks, you can make this salad ahead for meal prep
- skip the bean sprouts– they get slimy quickly and loose their crunch
- swap the mango– either keep the mango separate until just before serving, or consider swapping for dried mango. Dice into small pieces for mango flavor in every bite
- reserve the cashews– until just before you serve so that they keep their crunch
- consider jar salads– layer in mason jars in the following order: dressing, lentils, veggies. Shake into a bowl just before serving, add the cashews + mango, and enjoy!
Serving: 1lentil bowl | Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4107IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 7mg