Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes with a Pretzel Crust
The salty/sweet dessert of your dreams: mini peanut butter cup cheesecakes on a deliciously salty pretzel crust! Creamy, crunchy, salty, sweet, and prone to disappearing extremely quickly.
- 1 cup ground pretzels (100g- pretzels ground into crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons butter (85 g; melted; salted or unsalted)
Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 block cream cheese (8 oz- softened to room temperature; see note *)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (softened to room temperature; see note *)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (full sized)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (for melting and drizzling)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a standard-sized muffin tray with muffin papers and set aside.
Mix together the ground pretzels and the melted butter.
Press 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each muffin paper, pat down with your fingers to flatten.
In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
Add the sugar and mix until no granules remain.
Mix in the egg, vanilla, and cream until completely combined.
Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each muffin paper. Spoon cheesecake mixture over top. Fill the muffin papers to about ¾ full.
Bake for 15 or so minutes, center may have a slight jiggle will set up as they cool.
Cool completely in the pan. Remove from pan and allow to set in the fridge, 2-3 hours.
Drizzle with melted peanut butter chips and chocolate, if desired.
*it’s crucial that your cream cheese and peanut butter are at room temperature when you begin mixing the batter, otherwise the cheesecakes will be lumpy
- leftovers may be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days
Serving: 1mini cheesecake | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 334IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg