Coconut Cranberry Muffins (1 bowl)
These delicious, fluffy cranberry muffins have flaky coconut and a hint of lime zest! Prepare them in one bowl and enjoy for a healthy snack.
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted; 52 g)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (300 g)
- ½ cup maple syrup (138 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (250g; fluffed, spooned & levelled; see * note)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut (plus extra for sprinkling on tops)
- 1 lime (zested)
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tray with muffin papers and set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil. Add in the yogurt, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut and lime zest. Mix until just combined.
Fold in the cranberries. Batter will be quite thick and that's OK.
Spoon around 3 tablespoons per muffin. Sprinkle tops with a little extra coconut if desired.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine were perfect in 20 minutes.
Allow to cool 10 or so minutes in the muffin pans before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
* this recipe works with all purpose flour, or a combination of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour (1 cup of each).
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg