Guacamole Pizza with Corn and Zucchini
The mash up that dreams are made of: guacamole pizza! Swap classic pizza sauce for guacamole, then load it up with fresh summery produce: corn, zucchini and tomatoes. A super fun and creative twist for your next pizza night.
Servings: 8 pizza slices
- 1 ear corn on the cob (cooked & sliced off the cob)
- 1 batch your favorite pizza dough
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 small zucchini (peeled into thin strips using a vegetable peeler- discard the seedy part)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 avocados (ripe; pitted)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Pre-heat grill and pizza stone to 450°F. Roll out the pizza dough on a sheet of parchment paper to a diameter of 12 or so inches.
Transfer dough to pre-heated pizza stone by carefully grasping the parchment paper. Leave both the parchment paper and the pizza on the stone.
Grill with the lid down for 10 minutes, dough should be very close to done. Transfer the pizza onto a cutting board from the stone by carefully grabbing the parchment paper corners.
Spread guacamole over the pizza base, then top with mozzarella cheese, corn, zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
Return the pizza back to the pizza stone and grill with the lid down for 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted through and crust is slightly golden.
After grilling, the pizza can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat in a frying pan for a nice crispy texture, or in the microwave until steaming hot.
- never place a room temperature stone into a hot oven or grill as it risks cracking; instead heat the stone up on the grill
- the parchment paper will turn dark brown on the grill. Keep a close eye to ensure it doesn't catch fire
- on that note, make sure the parchment paper is wider than the pizza, but not so long that it overhangs the pizza stone into the grill
- you may also bake this recipe in the oven using the same method (pizza stone) and cook temperature/time
Serving: 1/8 of pizza | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 1.8mg