Ginger Beef Tacos with Peanut Sauce (30 minutes)
Ginger beef tacos have spiced beef, crunchy veggies, and tangy peanut sauce. Make this Asian-inspired, 30-minute taco recipe tonight!
Servings: 4 -6
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated on a microplane)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (450 grams)
- ½ lime (juiced; roughly 1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water (to thin out; add more as needed)
- 8 small tortillas
- 3 cups savoy cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves torn
Add olive oil to a large nonstick pan. Add the ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
Add the beef to the pan and break up with a spatula. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the lime juice, worcestershire, soy sauce, honey, and lime zest. Stir and cook for 7-10 more minutes, until beef is cooked through and sauce is mostly absorbed into the beef.
Peanut sauce may be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Bring to room temperature before serving and add additional water as needed to thin it out.
Cabbage + radishes may be pre-chopped up to 5 days ahead.
Ground beef may be cooked up to 4 days ahead or frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutritional Information: 2 small tacos
Calories: 492 • Fat: 21g • Sat Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 60mg • Carb: 48g Fiber: 5g • Sugar: 10g • Protein: 33g
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 60mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g