Grilled Cauliflower with Jalapeno Lime Butter
Grilled cauliflower is the BEST way to cook cauliflower in the summer: grilled until golden with slightly charred, crispy edges, this recipe is slathered in a spicy jalapeno lime butter!
Servings: 6 -8
- ¼ cup butter (note 1)
- ½ jalapeno (seeds removed and diced; note 2)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt (see note 1)
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into 1.5 inch florets)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lime (juiced; roughly 1.5 tablespoons)
- salt + pepper to taste
Pre-heat grill over to high heat with a vegetable grilling basket on the barbecue.
Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil and lime juice.
Place the cauliflower vegetable grilling basket, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
Turn the cauliflower and cook, keeping an eye on it (and stirring/flipping frequently), until it is golden and slightly charred, (3-6 more minutes)
Serve cauliflower immediately, topped with the jalpeño-lime butter
1- you may use salted or unsalted butter; if using salted butter, omit the salt and taste the butter after blending it up, adding more salt as needed.
2- Make sure to cut your jalapeño up into small pieces before putting it in the food processor as it will make it much easier to get it blended into the butter.
Storage + meal prep tips
- cauliflower may be chopped up to 1 week ahead and stored in the fridge
- jalapeno lime butter may be prepared up to 1 week ahead and stored in the fridge
- after cooking, cauliflower may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days
Serving: 1/8 batch | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g