Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Beef
A sweet and savory pulled beef recipe that takes only 10 minutes prep time! This beef is very versatile and can be used on sandwiches, salads, stir fries, or tacos!
Servings: 10 -12
- 1 cup stock beef or chicken
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 lbs boneless beef roast cut in half; see note 1
In the bottom of a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker, combine the stock, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and garlic. Whisk until smooth.
Cut the beef in half lengthwise. Place the two slices side-by-side in the slow cooker, and turn to coat on both sides.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove beef from slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Gently pull apart using two forks, or use an electric hand mixer to do it quickly.
Add back into the cooking liquid, and toss to coat.
1- you can use cheap, tough cuts of beef for this recipe including brisket, chuck roast, inside round, or blade roast.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freeze in an air tight container, freezer bag or reusable silicone bag for up to 3 months.
This beef is best served warm as it can become tough when cold.
This recipe produces 4-6 cups of pulled beef, which works out to 8-12 servings (½ cup size).
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes, using tongs to break the beef up and turn it, or until warmed through.
- Do not reheat more than once (food safety issues)
Serving: 1/2 cup | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 196mg | Sugar: 10g