Honey Garlic Beef Rice Bowls
Honey garlic beef rice bowls have juicy shredded beef, crunchy carrots and bell peppers, and a tangy sesame vinaigrette. Served cold, they work well for meal prep or for a simple dinner.
- ¾ cup basmati rice uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce I use reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups honey garlic beef
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 small cucumbers julienned (roughly 2 cups)
- 1 bell pepper julienned
- sesame seeds optional; to garnish
Cook rice according to package directions. Allow to cool.
Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients.
Gently reheat the honey garlic beef in a frying pan on medium heat. Use tongs to stir and turn the beef until warmed through.
Divide the rice, vegetables, beef and crispy wontons between 4 bowls, and top with dressing and sesame seeds.
Leftover rice bowls may be stored in the vinaigrette in the fridge for up to 4 days. You’ll want to leave the cucumbers off.
Since we are not reheating the rice, we want to be extra careful for food safety reasons. Refrigerate the rice within 2 hours of cooking and do not let it sit out at room temperature for long periods of time.
- Carrots and bell peppers may be pre-chopped up to 4 days ahead; avoid pre-chopping the cucumbers
- Vinaigrette may be prepared up to 2 weeks ahead
- Rice may be cooked at most 4 days ahead
- Beef may be cooked up to 4 days ahead and store in the fridge (or in the freezer for 3 months)
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 710mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6099IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg