Goji Peach Cherry Smoothie
This goji peach cherry smoothie tastes just like chocolate, but is free from added sugar and is packed with healthy ingredients that can reduce anxiety and promote better sleep.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup frozen peach slices
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flax
- 1-2 handfuls spinach
IMPORTANT: Goji berries can have some side effects, particularly with warfarin and diabetes drugs, and should be avoided if you're pregnant.
To make frozen smoothie packs
Add to a 1 pint jar in the following order: frozen fruit, goji berries, and other add ins (including spinach) on top.
- do not add almond milk until you are ready to blend
- get the jar into the freezer ASAP so the fruit doesn't thaw and then refreeze to the jar (makes it hard to get it out.
- to get out of the jar, gently scrape with a spoon. If anything gets stuck, fill jar ½ way with almond milk and allow to sit for 1 minute. Put the lid on, shake it up, and this should loosen things up.
- dump smoothie pack contents into the blender with almond milk and blend until smooth
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 408mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 469mg | Iron: 1.6mg