Slow Cooker Sesame Beef with Snap Peas
This slow cooker sesame ginger beef is topped with crisp snap peas for an easy take-out alternative! Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Servings: 6 -8
- 2.2 lbs boneless beef roast 1 kg; as lean as you can get; inside round roast or stewing beef are good choices
- 1.5 cup stock chicken or beef
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce reduced sodium
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons ginger minced or finely grated
After 5 hours
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 16 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Stir together the stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and ginger, and add to the slow cooker.
Prepare the beef: cut off any fat you can see, cut into 1 inch cubes, and place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on the lowest setting for 4 hours.
1 hour before serving
Stir together the cold water and corn starch, then stir into the slow cooker. Add the bell pepper and sugar snap peas. Turn up the heat to the highest setting.
Cook for 1 more hour.
Serve over rice with toasted sesame seeds.
I used a 5 quart slow cooker.
If you use a fattier cut off beef, you may wish to let the slow cooker cool slightly then spoon off any fat that floats to the surface before adding the cornstarch.
Alternatively you can cook the beef the day before, refrigerate the slow cooker base overnight, spoon off the fat, and reheat over high heat for 1 hour before adding the cornstarch/water slurry and vegetables.
Serving: 1/8 batch | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 718mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g