Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls
These Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls have chicken breast, broccoli and asparagus tossed in a sweet and savory honey sesame stir fry sauce. Perfect for healthy meal prep lunches!
Honey Sesame Sauce:
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Chicken Lunch Bowls:
- ¾ cup rice (uncooked; or roughly 2 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 cups broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cups snap peas (ends trimmed)
- 2 large chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- salt & pepper
- sesame seeds (garnish)
Shake together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
Cook rice according to package instructions. Divide between 4 storage containers.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until bright green and tender. Add to the rice in the storage containers.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Cook for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
Add the chicken to the lunch containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
* If you are looking for ways to lighten this recipe up, try halving the sauce or swap part of the rice for cauliflower rice
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 483.19kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.74g | Protein: 31.74g | Fat: 14.29g | Saturated Fat: 2.28g | Cholesterol: 72.77mg | Sodium: 716.06mg | Potassium: 876.12mg | Fiber: 4.35g | Sugar: 22.07g | Vitamin A: 1332.17IU | Vitamin C: 106.34mg | Calcium: 81.76mg | Iron: 3.14mg