Chickpea, Barley & Butternut Squash Jar Salads
Make ahead chickpea, barley and butternut squash jar salads will have you looking forward to lunch all morning! Vegetarian, ready in under 1 hour, and tastes amazing, even on day 4.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup uncooked barley (roughly 2 cups of cooked barley)
- 4 cups butternut squash (cubed; 1 small butternut squash or ½ a large butternut squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 15 oz can chickpeas (or 540 mL; drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup pecans (chopped)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Shake together vinaigrette and set aside.
Cook barley according to package directions and set aside.
Heat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Toss the butternut squash with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Arrange on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Toss and roast for 10-15 more minutes, until soft. Allow to cool completely.
Assemble the jar salads: Add 1.5 tablespoons of dressing in the bottom of the jar. Add in the following order: chickpeas, barley, butternut squash, feta cheese, cranberries and pecans.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 424mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 17g