1- you can use fresh or frozen kale; if using frozen, add it to the pan without thawing and increase the cook time as needed.
2- you can use your favorite type of mushrooms; cremini, button or chopped portobellos are all great options
- fridge- store individually wrapped burritos in an air tight container for up to 48 hours; the tortillas can get soft and are best frozen for longer than that
- freezer- store individually wrapped burritos in an air tight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months
- kale- swap for spinach or your favorite greens
- other veggies- swap onions & mushrooms for sautéed bell peppers, cauliflower rice, roasted sweet potatoes or what you happen to have in the fridge.
- eggs- you can make this vegetarian by swapping the eggs for tofu (follow directions for this tofu scramble)
- feta- omit, but add at least ¼ teaspoon salt
- other- you could turn these into breakfast quesadillas, or leave out the tortilla and enjoy as a breakfast scramble.