- fridge– store in meal prep containers in the fridge for up to 4 days
- reheat- in the microwave or the frying pan until steaming hot
- freezer- store in meal prep containers in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure your meals are fully cooled before freezing.
- reheat- I recommend you thaw completely before reheating in the microwave or the frying pan until steaming hot
Day-old cooked long grain white rice (jasmine or basmati) recommended for this recipe. If you are cooking the rice fresh, spread it out on a sheet pan and refrigerate while you prep the other ingredients.
If using regular soy sauce (not reduced sodium), you may not need additional salt.
Swap for coconut aminos and add salt to taste for a gluten-free recipe.
- chicken fried rice- add 1 lb of cooked, cooled + cubed chicken, reduce the eggs to 3
- shrimp fried rice- cook shrimp in 1 tablespoon of oil, remove from the pan and follow remaining steps in the recipe card above. Return the shrimp with the rice at the end and stir until warmed through.
- pork fried rice- add 4 cups cooked + cooled pork (works great with pork tenderloin!)
- quinoa fried rice- replace the cooked rice with quinoa
- cauliflower fried rice- find the recipe here