Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
These morning glory breakfast cookies are loaded with healthy ingredients. The perfect portable meal prep breakfast or snack on the go!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time28 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted, 52 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (128 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey (60 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (46 g)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (62 g; all purpose flour may be used)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax (26 g)
- 1 carrot (finely shredded, 1/2 cup, 40 g)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened coconut recommended)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil.
Stir in all wet ingredients: applesauce, vanilla, honey and eggs.
Add all dry ingredients: rolled oats, white whole wheat flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder and flax.
Fold in the carrots, coconut, dried cranberries and pecans.
Using a measuring cup, scoop 1/4 cup portions onto the parchment paper and form into circular 'cookies' about 1/2 inch tall. The batter will be soft.
Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the tops of the cookies spring back when touched.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1185IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg