Taco Salad Recipe
Taco salad recipe with turkey taco meat, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado, black beans, corn, tomatoes and romaine lettuce. Plus instructions on how to store for meal prep.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or one package storebought)
- 1 cup black beans (from a can; drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup corn kerneals (from a can; drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 handfulls romaine lettuce (or iceberg; washed, dried & cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- 1 avocado (peeled & chopped; optional)
- sour cream
Cook turkey over medium heat in a non-stick pan, breaking it up with a spatula. Cook for 7 or so minutes, until no pink remains.
Drain the pan from grease or liquid if necessary.
Add 2/3 cup of water to the pan with the taco seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently until sauce is bubbly and thickened and meat is evenly coated.
Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Combine all ingredients and divide between four bowls.
For meal prep
Store in a quart-sized meal prep container and layer in the following order:
*omit the avocado and tortilla chips or add just prior to serving.
- condiments at the bottom
- taco meat
- black beans
- romaine lettuce at the top
Serving: 1/4 of batch | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 11.4mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 2.6mg