Korean BBQ Chickpea Bento Bowls
Korean BBQ chickpea bento bowls with zucchini, carrots, brussels sprouts and korean BBQ chickpeas served over rice. Vegan and GF.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (or green onion)
Korean Chickpea Bento Bowls
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup brussels sprouts (shredded)
- 1 zucchini (cut into ribbons)
- 1 carrot (cut into ribbons)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half or leave whole for meal prep)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- fine sea salt
- 1 cup microgreens (or sprouts; add fresh for meal prep)
Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients. Mix well with the chickpeas, then reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for later.
Spread the chickpeas & remaining marinade out on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring once halfway.
Divide all ingredients evenly between four 2 cup capacity storage containers or enjoy immediately! Don't forget to drizzle with reserved marinade.