Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This healthy pumpkin bread recipe is perfect with a cup of coffee! With half whole wheat flour, no refined sugar, very little oil, and a whole lot of pumpkin flay-vah.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (52 g)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (256 g; not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (130 g; honey may be swapped in)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond or dairy milk (54 g)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (fluffed, spooned & levelled; 90 g)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (fluffed, spooned & levelled; 90 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (plus a few extra for the tops)
Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch baking pan and set aside.
In a large glass measuring bowl, melt the coconut oil. Stir in the remaining wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
If your coconut oil starts to solidify when you add the other wet ingredients, pop it in the microwave and heat in 20 second increments until it is liquified again.
Add all dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Scrape the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Scatter a few extra chocolate chips on the top.
Bake for 55 minutes- 1 h5m, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely. Run a knife around the outside of the pan to loosen, then invert the pan and give it a couple of firm smacks to release the loaf from the pan.
I used a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan similar to this one. If you have an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan, keep an eye on the pumpkin bread, it may be baked through sooner (start checking at 40 min)
To make mini muffins
-grease a mini muffin pan
-add around 1.5 tablespoons batter per muffin
-bake at 325°F for 15-20 min...mine were perfect at 18 min!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3870IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.4mg