Almond Broccoli Pesto Pasta Recipe with Chicken
This almond broccoli pesto recipe sneaks some extra broccoli into your diet and makes for a healthier pesto option! Perfect on pasta with some cherry tomatoes and chicken.
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 cups broccoli florets and stems 8 oz /250g
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Zest from 2 lemons 2 tablespoons
- Juice from 1 lemon 2.5 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup basil leaves
Broccoli Pesto Pasta:
- 8 oz uncooked pasta of your choice
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets cut into very small pieces
- 1 cup broccoli pesto recipe above
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed (see [url]this post∞https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/2016/04/chicken-fajita-lunch-bowls.html[/url] for baking instructions)
Broccoli PestoIn the base of a 7-cup food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine all of the pesto ingredients.
Blend until smooth, you will need to scrape down the sides and lid several times with a spatula.
PastaCook pasta according to package directions.
When one minute of cook time remains, add the broccoli florets to the pasta water.
Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
Combine 1 cup of broccoli pesto with the cooking liquid and cherry tomatoes, and stir for 2-3 minutes, until smooth.
Return the pasta and broccoli to the pot along with the chicken breast, and stir until coated.
Nutritional Information is for 1 serving of pesto pasta
The pesto recipe makes 2-2.5 cups of pesto, however only 1 cup is needed for the pesto pasta recipe. Use your leftovers on pizza, potatoes, or as a dip!
Pesto keeps in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week. The top may discolour slightly however it is still delicious!
Serving: 1/4 batch | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 174mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g