Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls
These Honey Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowls have chicken breast, broccoli and asparagus tossed in a sweet and savory honey sesame stir fry sauce. Perfect for healthy meal prep lunches!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Honey Sesame Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce I use reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Chicken Lunch Bowls:
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 3 cups snap peas cut into small pieces
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- sesame seeds garnish
Shake together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside.
Cook rice according to package instructions. Divide between 4 storage containers.
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and snap peas. Cook for 5 or so minutes, until bright green and tender. Add to the rice in the storage containers.
Add additional olive oil if necessary. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Cook for 7 or so minutes, until cooked through.
Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
Add the chicken to the lunch containers and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
* If you are looking for ways to lighten this recipe up, try halving the sauce or swap part of the rice for cauliflower rice
This recipe is mildly spicy. Feel free to reduce or leave out the red pepper flakes for a less/non-spicy version.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 698mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g