Mexican Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Mexican spaghetti squash casserole with ground turkey, black beans, corn and cheese. Simple to prepare, lower in carbs, and leftovers keep amazingly well!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash (cooked & cooled slightly)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 bell peppers (chopped into small pieces)
- 11.5 oz can of corn (drained; 341 mL)
- 18 oz can of black beans (drained & rinsed; 541 mL)
- 4.3 oz can of green chiles (127 mL)
- 18 oz can of diced tomatoes (including juices; 541 mL)
- 10 oz can of mild enchilada sauce (300 mL)
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cheese (divided)
Cook spaghetti squash (see *). Scoop out seeds and shred into noodles with a fork.
Heat oven to 350°F.
Cook ground turkey in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking it up with a spatula and cooking until no pink remains (roughly 7 minutes). Cool slightly.
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Scrape into a deep 9X13 inch casserole dish.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes, until casserole is cooked through and bubbling.
Allow casserole to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. The longer it sits the more it sets up.
* See How to Cook Spaghetti Squash (oven) or Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
** without corn & black beans this casserole is roughly 14 g carbs (+ 3 g fiber) per serving.
Serving: 1/8 of batch | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 857mg | Potassium: 845mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2130IU | Vitamin C: 53.8mg | Calcium: 285mg | Iron: 4.4mg