Balsamic One Pan Chicken and Veggies
This balsamic one pan chicken and veggies has a ton of flavor from a tangy balsamic vinegar gravy, salty feta cheese and sweet pomegranates. Cooks up in one pan in just 30 minutes.
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 cups baby potatoes (quartered)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus (trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 zucchini (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch (corn starch or all purpose flour may be used)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (roughly 2 large chicken breasts; cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until fork tender (roughly 15 minutes).
Add the asparagus and zucchini to the pan, give it a stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
Transfer the potatoes, asparagus and zucchini to a large bowl and sprinkle with arrowroot starch. Toss to coat and set aside.
Add the chicken to the pan with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and cook for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
Return the veggies to the pan along with the chicken stock, balsamic vinegar and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Sprinkle with pomegranates and feta and serve immediately.
Butternut squash is awesome in this recipe! Cook with the same instructions as for the potatoes.
This recipe has a great sauce! Serve with bread to sop it up.
Serving: 1/4 of batch | Calories: 383.51kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.85g | Protein: 31.16g | Fat: 14.96g | Saturated Fat: 4.67g | Cholesterol: 91.06mg | Sodium: 584.88mg | Potassium: 1073.81mg | Fiber: 3.28g | Sugar: 7.06g | Vitamin A: 192.38IU | Vitamin C: 29.18mg | Calcium: 119.83mg | Iron: 1.83mg