Maple Ginger Chicken Meal Prep Lunch Bowls
Maple ginger chicken meal prep lunch bowls are made ahead on the weekend so you have four delicious lunches waiting for you!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 3/4 cup rice of choice uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups vegetables carrots, peas & asparagus pictured
- 2 large chicken breasts roughly 1 lb; boneless skinless chicken thighs are also great!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
Shake together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
In a medium pan or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
Add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
Transfer the veggies to a bowl.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan.
Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute
Add the stir fry sauce to the pan (shake it up again first), and cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
Amongst four storage containers, divide the rice, veggies and chicken. Spoon extra sauce over the chicken.
OptionalScatter cashews over the lunch bowls.
Serving: 1lunch bowl (no cashews) | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 785mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g