Breakfast Tacos (Meal Prep)
These breakfast tacos are ready in under 30 minutes and are loaded with soft scrambled eggs, spicy sausage, cheese, veggies and salsa! Prep the filling ahead and reheat for easy breakfasts through the week.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- salt & pepper (a few grinds)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sausage (crumbled)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped small)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped small)
- 8 small tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded; monterey jack, mozzarella or cotija)
- 1/2 cup salsa (red or green)
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Add the olive oil to a medium pan and heat over medium.
Add the eggs to the pan and cook, scrambling with a spatula, for a few minutes until cooked through. Transfer eggs to a clean bowl.
Wash the pan if necessary, then cook the sausage until crumbled and fully cooked through (roughly 8-10 minutes).
Transfer sausage to a clean bowl and drain any extra grease from the pan.
If necessary, add a little extra olive oil to the pan, then cook the bell peppers and onion for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
Transfer the vegetables to a clean bowl.
Spoon a few tablespoons of eggs, sausage and veggies into small tortillas.
Top with cheese and salsa, and any additional toppings that you'd like.
- swap eggs for tofu scramble
- swap sausage for bacon, or for refried beans
- swap cheese for avocado or guacamole (or vegan cheese)
- use a large tortilla and roll into a burrito
- wrap in plastic and store in a large meal prep container
- freeze for up to 3 months; thaw and crisp up in a frying pan or on a grill
- sausage for chorizo
- red for green salsa
- add jalapeños, roasted sweet potatoes, fresh tomatoes, cilantro
- swap the monterey jack for cotija or other cheese
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 372mg | Sodium: 882mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g