These chipotle sweet potato quesadillas are an easy week-night dinner recipe that combines slow cooked sweet potatoes with chipotle peppers, black beans and cheese. Served with lime yogurt sauce.
Note: This recipe is part of my 3-in-1 recipe series in which I provide one base slow cooker recipe, and three ways to serve it. See this post for instructions on crock pot sweet potatoes.
I’m just loving this 3-in-1 recipe series! I am sick of making a big batch slow cooker recipe and ending up with a ton of left-overs that I don’t know how to use up. Does that ever happen to you?
Well. Whether you’re with me or not, I have a delicious chipotle sweet potato quesadillas recipe for you. Using the crock pot sweet potatoes we whipped up in this post makes these babies SO easy to whip up. As in under-30-minutes easy. Serve it with lime yogurt sauce, and you have a healthy, delicious, eeeeasy dinner. I love easy. Especially on those challenging week-nights.
A note: if you like it spicy, put 1/2 or a whole chipotle pepper in. If you just want a little smokiness and a tiny bit of spice, add the adobo sauce only. Just promise me you’ll make the yogurt sauce, OK? The lime + chipotle + sweet potatoes is just heavenly.
Chipotle sweet potato quesadillas? Aaaand go!
Check out the other slow cooked sweet potato recipes:
Chipotle Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup sweet potato puree from slow cooker sweet potatoes
- 5 teaspoons adobo sauce that comes with canned chipotle peppers
- 1/2 chipotle pepper minced *see note
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 large tortillas
- Mix up all Lime Yogurt ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash together the sweet potato puree, adobo sauce, chipotle pepper (if using), salt and lime juice, until completely smooth and mixed together.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan, then spread ⅓ cup of the sweet potato puree over half of the tortilla.
- Scatter ½ a cup of black beans over the sweet potato puree, then top with cheese.
- Fold the other side of the tortilla over the fillings, and press gently.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until bottom is lightly golden. Gently flip the quesadilla and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, until bottom is golden and cheese is melted through.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve with the lime yogurt sauce.